Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
I make these for Thanksgiving every year, and at least once or twice throughout the year. This is a personal recipe of mine and you can also find it on allrecipes.com
How to Make Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Poke potatoes with a fork and wrap with foil.
- 3Bake for 1 hour OR UNTIL SOFT. The size of the potato will cause the baking time to vary.
- 4In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, margarine, vanilla, salt and pepper.
- 5Cut potatoes in half and scoop flesh into the bowl with the other ingredients, leaving a little flesh behind so that the skins retain their shape. Mix well.
- 6Fold in walnuts.
- 7Spoon mixture into potato skins.
- 8Reheat in oven for 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- 9If you choose to make this a casserole, just scoop out all of the flesh and throw the skins away, then place everything into a casserole dish and reheat in oven for 10 minutes, or until heated through.