★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 5 or 6 large
- 3 tsp
- butter or to your taste
- amount of milk to perfect consistency
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- pickle relish, sweet (add more to your taste)
- 2 pinch
- celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 or 4 medium
- hard boiled eggs
How to Make Southern Mashed Potato Salad
- 1Boil potatoes until tender (not mushy), mash potatoes the same as you would for regular mashed potatoes. A little lumpy is okay! I like the potatoes the same consistency that I do my regular mashed potatoes.
- 2In a separate pot, boil eggs at the same time as you are boiling potatoes. For approximately the same length of time! Cool, peel and set aside!
- 3Add, butter (little milk if desired) add & blend all other ingredients except boiled eggs. Dice eggs and fold into mashed potato mix. Salt and Pepper to desired taste! Enjoy!