- regular sized potatoes. if using bagged potatoes which are smaller use 6-8
- 16 oz
- sour cream
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c
- butter (one cube)
- 1 1/2 - 2 bunch
- green onions (the original recipe did not have a qty for the green onions as it's a preferential ingredient)
- 1 lb
- cheddar cheese (i get shredded)
- 1 lb
How to Make Potatoe Casserole
- 1Boil the potatoes with the skins on. Let cool, then peel and shred into a large bowl.
- 2Blend together the sour cream, cream of chicken soup and butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- 3Chop the green onions. Shred the cheddar cheese. Cook and crumble the bacon.
- 4Place 1/3 of the potatoes in a 9X13 dish, then pour 1/3 of sauce over potatoes. Sprinkle with onions, 1/3 of cheese, then 1/3 of bacon. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle top with bread crumbs and any remaining bacon crumbles.
- 5Bake in a 325 degree oven for 35 minutes.