Patt's Pork and Sauerkraut
- 1.5-2 lb
- pork ribs boneless country style
- 1-2 can(s)
- sauerkraut, canned
- 1-1.5 lb
- salt and pepper
- caraway seeds (optional) for the sauerkraut
How to Make Patt's Pork and Sauerkraut
- 1Season ribs with salt and pepper and any other spices you like. I like dill weed (Bavarian-style)and sage or whatever I feel like using that day!
- 2Brown the ribs in a skillet and remove. Deglaze the pan with a little (1/4-1/2 cup)liquid of your choice: water, chicken broth, white wine. Scrape up the brown bits of flavor into the liquid and save after it's mixed and some-what smooth.
- 3Prepare Sauerkraut: Drain and save the juice from sauerkraut cans. You can choose to rinse the kraut or not, depending on your preference.
You can add caraway seeds, peppercorns or other favorite herbs and spice to the sauerkraut.
- 4Butter a roasting or baking dish big enough to fit the ribs and place browned ribs in pan.
Cover the ribs with the sauerkraut and pour saved sauce over.
Cover and place in a 350 degree oven for 1-1/12 hrs.
- 5Prepare the potatoes: Peel and cut potatoes into equal pieces and place in a sauce pan with water to cover. Boil the potatoes until done enough to mash; 15-20 mins.
Mash the potatoes with a little milk and butter but add a little of the Sauerkraut juice to make smooth as you like.
- 6Serve ribs covered with Sauerkraut and top the mashed potatoes with sauerkraut.
Dig in and ENJOY!
- 7This recipe can easily be used with crock pot.
Brown the ribs, stack ribs, sauerkraut, ribs, etc. Pour sauce over all and set on low for 4-6 hrs.