Michigan Potato soup
Michigan is known for two things well three but the last isn't a food. The first is detroit style hot dogs, the second is potatoes and the third of course is Detroit it's self.
She would eat it with a raw onion sandwitch. Two slices of bread, butter and a 1/2 inch slice of a large sweet onion. AS kids we ate the soup only.
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 6 -8 large
- michigan potatoes
- heavy cream or you can use milk
- corn starch to thicken if needed
- 1-2 clove
- fresh ground pepper
- salt to taste
- shredded cheese, bacon, fresh onion, crushed crutons, beer, sour cream
How to Make Michigan Potato soup
- 1IN a good sized sauce pan, dice the onion and cut the potatoes into cubes 2/3 of an inch. She sometimes left on the skin and sometimes pealed them first. Add the garlic minced. Add enough water to cover plus an inch over the top. Cook on medium.
- 2when potatoes are soft and the water is getting low add enough cream to make a thick broth. Heat enough to warm and serve.