Au gratin potatoes
- 5 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, 1 1/4 cups
- 5 oz
- monterey jack cheese, shredded, 1 1/4 cups
- 1 oz
- parmesan cheese, grated, 1/2 cup
- 2 tsp
- 3 lb
- russet potatoes, about six, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 c
- low sodium chicken broth
How to Make Au gratin potatoes
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°. Toss cheddar, Monterey Jack, Parmesan and cornstarch in a large bowl until cheese is evenly coated.
- 2Shingle half of potatoes in large gratin dish, sprinkle evenly with 1 cup cheese mixture, three quarter teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Top with remaining potatoes, 3/4 teaspoon more salt and 1/4 teaspoon more pepper.
- 3Mix cream and broth in a large measuring cup and pour over potatoes. Top with remaining cheese mixture. Bake until Golden Brown and fork inserted into center meets little resistance, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.