Beth's Arkansas BBQ Beans
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef ground chuck
- 3 can(s)
- 3 lg cans of van de kamp hickory bacon bake beans
- 2 can(s)
- 2 lg cans of van de kamp regular baked beans
- 1 lb
- 1 bottle
- k c masterpiece honey bbq sauce 18oz
- 1 1/2 c
- light brown sugar
- 1 large
- green bell pepper
- 1 medium
- white onion
- 3 can(s)
- del monte diced garlic and onion tomatoes 14.5 oz
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic power
How to Make Beth's Arkansas BBQ Beans
- 1In a 5 or 6 Quart Crock Pot combine beans,BBQ sauce,brown sugar,and caned tomatoes with the juice and stir.Set crock pot on the high setting.I have a 5 quart crock pot and it fills it to the top after all ingredients are combined.
- 2While crock pot is heating with other ingredients,cook bacon till crispy but not burnt once done remove from skillet and crumble add this to the crock pot and stir.
- 3Leaving some of the bacon grease in the skillet brown your ground beef i use ground chuck with a little salt and pepper till done.Remove and drain off extra grease and add to crock pot and stir.
- 4In another skillet add 2 Tbs of butter or margarine and let melt add your chopped up bell pepper and onion with a dash of garlic powder and salt and pepper cook until soft and onions are translucent in color and caramelized. Pour into crock pot and stir.
- 5Once all ingredients are combined in the crock pot, cook on high for about 2 hours stir every so often until beans are nice and hot all the way through.