Jo Anne Sugimoto
1 Tbspolive oil
1 smallred onion. finely chopped
6ripe roma tomatoes, chopped
4 -5tangerines, peeled, segmented, and chopped
1 Tbspfreshly squeezed lime juice
2 tsphot sauce (optional)
·salt to taste
How to Make TANGERINE SALSA
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Cook onions until just caramelized.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked tomatoes and onions with the tangerines.
- Stir in the lime juice, hot sauce and salt.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Salsa can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.