Old-time Corncob Jelly
How to Make Old-time Corncob Jelly
- 1In a large stockpot over high heat, combine corncobs and water.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 35-40 min
- 3Discard cobs, strain liquid through a cheese cloth lined colander.
- 4Measure 3 cups of liquid into a large saucepan adding water if needed to equal 3 cups.
- 5Gradually dissolve pectin into liquid bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
- 6Add sugar all at once stirring to dissolve. Return to a rolling boil, boil for 5 min stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat skim foam. Ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/4 headspace. Wipe rims secure with lids and rings.
- 8Process in boiling water bath for 10 mins. Set jars on towel to cool, check for seals