Cheese "n" Chive Buttermilk Salad Dressing
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 2/3 c
- 1/2 c
- sharp semi-hard cheese (finely grated)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- finely chopped chives
- 2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp
- 2 large
- hard boiled eggs (minced or run through a sieve)
How to Make Cheese "n" Chive Buttermilk Salad Dressing
- 1Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- 2Transfer to a jar (or jars) and keep refrigerated. Makes 3 cups.
- 3Note: There are many cheeses that you can use for this recipe. I recently discovered Sharp Provolone. That is what I used. Parmesan, Romano, Asiago, etc. are the types of cheeses that will be a good choice. Sharp White Vermont Cheddar should be good as well.
- 4If you do not keep Buttermilk around your house, you can substitute 2 tsp Cider Vinegar plus milk to measure 2/3 cup. Let sit 5 minutes before using. Dressing will be slightly less thick than using the Buttermilk.