Baked Turkey Legs Connie's
2fat turkey legs
1/2 stickbutter, softened
1/2 tsppoultry seasoning (more if you like)
·salt and pepper, to taste
1lemon or orange, zested
1/4 cchicken broth
2 stalk(s)celery, peeled and diced (optional)
2carrots, diced (optional)
How to Make Baked Turkey Legs Connie's
- Rinse turkey legs and pat dry. Slip the skin of the turkey back over the leg. This is done by slipping your fingers between the skin and meat of the leg.
- Sprinkle meat with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cover legs on both side with lemon or orange zest.
- Place foil in the bottom of a long rectangular pan.
If you wish, dice carrots and celery and add to pan.
- Add chicken broth to pan.
- Roast legs at 350 degrees for one hour and twenty minutes.
- CAUTION: Do not over bake and since ovens are different, start checking on the turkey leg temperature after one hour. Turkey temperature should be 175 degrees when you take it from the oven.
- Taste your broth. If it's to your liking, spoon on turkey legs. If not, add salt, pepper, and a little butter and warm. Then spoon over turkey legs.