Baked Turkey Legs- Connie's
- fat turkey legs
- 1/2 stick
- butter, softened.
- 1/2 tsp
- poultry seasoning (more if you like)
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon or orange, zested
- 1/4 c
- chicken broth
- 2 stalk(s)
- celery, peeled and diced. (optional)
- carrots, diced. (optional)
How to Make Baked Turkey Legs- Connie's
- 1Rinse turnkey legs and pat dry.
- 4Sprinkle meat with poultry seasoning and salt & pepper.
- 6Cover legs on both side with lemon or orange zests.
- 7Place foil in the bottom of a long rectangular pan.
If you wish, dice carrots and celery and add to pan.
- 8Add chicken broth to pan.
- 10Roast legs at 350 degrees for one hour and twenty minutes. CAUTION: Do not over bake and since ovens are different, start checking on the turkey leg temperature after one hour. Turkey temperature should be 175 degrees when you take it from the oven.
- 12Taste your broth. If it's to your liking, spoon on turkey legs. If not, add salt, pepper and a little butter and warm, then spoon over turkey legs.