Grilled Apple Bacon Sweet Parsley Cheese Sandwich
- brioche sandwich roll, split horizontally
- 2 slice
- apples, red delicious, washed, cored
- 1/3 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c
- packed minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted, divided
How to Make Grilled Apple Bacon Sweet Parsley Cheese Sandwich
- 1Make parsley cheese spread. In a bowl, put parsley, sugar and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours (until parsley is wilted and develops the flavor. you can refrigerate up to overnight).
- 2After 2 hours, put cream cheese into a bowl. With hands, squeeze the parsley to remove excess liquid then put into the bowl. Mix to combine.
- 3Slice apple into 1/4 inch thick lengthwise.
- 4In a non-stick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp (but not too crisp) flipping once. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Discard the excess bacon fat in the skillet, return the skillet on the stove and add apple slices to the skillet. Cook apples over medium heat until lightly brown flipping once.
- 6On the bottom of brioche, put half of shredded cheddar cheese, bacon slices, apple slices, parsley cheese spread and the rest of shredded cheddar cheese. Put the top of the brioche to close sandwich.
- 7In a cast iron skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Place the sandwich and cook swirling occasionally until golden brown. Take the sandwich out of the skillet and place on a plate or cutting board.
- 8Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in the same skillet. Return the sandwich to the skillet, cooked side up, and cook swirling occasionally until the second side is golden brown and cheese melt