Simple Crock Pot Ham Hock and Beans
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 pound of dry navy beans
- 1 large meaty smoked ham hock or 2 small ham hocks
- 4 cups of chicken broth, homemade, or 1 box (32 oz)of organic chicken broth
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Simple Crock Pot Ham Hock and Beans
- 1Rinse the beans 2 or 3 times in cold water to remove dirt. Discard any bad beans.
- 3Next morning, drain the beans in a colander.
- 5Remove the meat from the ham hock(s) and return the meat back to the crock pot. Salt and pepper the beans the last 10 minutes of cooking, if salt is needed. Serve with hot buttered corn bread.