Pulled Pork for BBQ Sandwiches
8 lbboston butt pork roast
1/4 colive oil
1 tspsmoked paprika, heaping teaspoons on the spices
1 tspmccormick perfect pinch all-purpose seasoning, salt free
1 tspmccormick garlic & herb seasoning, salt free
1 tspmrs. dash onion & herb seasoning
1 tspbadia herbes de provence seasoning
1 tspiberia complete seasoning
4 clovechopped fresh garlic
How to Make Pulled Pork for BBQ Sandwiches
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix together the olive oil and all the spices to make the wet rub. Any of your favorite spices can be substituted.
- Prepare the Boston Butt by piercing the meat with a sharp knife to form one inch slits.
- Rub the roast thoroughly with the wet rub by rubbing over the entire roast and inside the slits.
- Place the roast in a large roasting pan.
- Roast covered for 4 hours at 275 degrees. Uncover and cook another 2 hours.
- Roast is done when falls apart to the touch.
- Let roast cool.
- Once the roast is cool to touch, pull apart the meat and pull fat away from the meat and discard fat.
- Warm pulled pork with favorite sauce and serve on a bakery hamburger bun....delish.