☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 4 large
- pork rib chops, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large
- onion, cut into wedges (yellow or sweet onions are best)
- 1 tsp
- smoky chili powder (i ussed mccormick chipotle chile pepper)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro, minced or finely chopped
How to Make Pork Chops with Chipotle, Onions and Cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Lightly brown pork chops on each side. Transfer chops to a roasting pan or casserole dish just large enough to hold chops in a single layer.
- 3Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same skillet. Add onions, chipotle chile pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sauté until onions are lightly cooked.
- 4Distribute onions evenly over the pork chops. Set skillet aside for the sauce. Bake pork chops at 350° for 20 minutes (or to an internal temperature of 160°F).
- 5While pork chops are baking, add cream to the skillet and slowly bring to a boil while scraping the pan to release the caramelized pan juices. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cilantro. When cream comes to a boil, immediately reduce the heat to as low as possible and keep warm.
- 6Remove pork chops from the oven. Pour the warm cream sauce over pork. Serve immediately while still piping hot.