- 2-3 slice
- tenderloin sliced 1/2 inch thick for each person
- 1 1/2 tsp
- salt, total, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper total
- 1/2 c
- canola oil
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 4 Tbsp
- drippings with crumbs from frying the pork. add all the flour left and add another 1/2 cup more.
How to Make Baked Pork Tenderloin and Gravy
- 1Mix 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Dredge tenderloins in the flour mixture. In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the tenderloin until brown on both sides. Remove from oil and place in a baking dish. ( lightly greased)
- 2Pour oil out of the skillet leaving 4 tablespoons and the brown bits left from frying the tenderloin. Add 1/2 cup flour plus the flour left over from coating the tenderloin for frying. Whisk in 1 teaspoon salt and stir constantly until flour browns, slowly whisk in liquids ( water and milk) and cook about 2 minutes. Gravy will be very thin, pour over the meat in baking dish, cover tightly with foil and bake in 325 degree oven for 2 hours. Gravy will thicken during baking. Serve with biscuits or rice.
- 3This is a great breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner recipe.