- 1 pkg
- whole wheat penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 lb
- steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- asiago cheese
- 1/2 c
- feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 c
- butter, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 4 tsp
- grill mates montreal steak seasoning
- roma tomatoes, sliced very thin for garnish
- chives, chopped fine for garnish
How to Make Steak and Browned Butter Pasta
- 1Cut steak into extra thin strips.
Into a Gallon Freezer Zip Lock bag add the Olive oil, Soy sauce, Balsamic rice wine vinegar and steak seasoning. Add Steak. Massage around to coat completely, press air out of the bag and zip closed. Put in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- 215 minutes before the steak is ready, bring water to boil in a large stock pot with plenty of kosher or sea salt. Add pasta and cook 5 - 6 minutes until al dente. Pour into a colander to drain.
- 3In a large skillet over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil. When butter is melted begin adding the meat in a single layer, brown for about a minute and turn, browning the second side for about a minute. Remove to a plate and repeat until all meat has been cooked. (add more oil as needed)
- 4In the same skillet, add 1/4 cup butter and marinade from freezer bag, when melted toss the pasta in, stirring and tossing often until fully coated and warmed through. Remove from the heat, add both cheeses, reserving a small amount to garnish. Add meat and mix gently.
- 5Serve with garlic bread.