Pasta Carbonara forTwo
We always do the basics and it must always include bacon because .. well .. it's bacon !
But there are times when we add a handful of frozen or fresh peas and when we have the shrimp it sends it over the top !
This is a quick and simple dish that is wonderful served with a little green salad and even some garlic bread.
When you are in a hurry .. this can't be beat !
Note: If you don't want the wine just omit it and use a little extra pasta water.
2 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
1 clovegarlic - minced ** more or less to your own taste
4 ozspaghetti, linguine or fettuccini noodles
1/4 cwhite wine
1 Tbspsnipped chives
·optional: peas, cubed ham, warm cooked shrimp
How to Make Pasta Carbonara forTwo
- Whisk the eggs and grated parmesan together and set aside.
- In medium pot cook the bacon over medium heat until it is crispy.
Remove bacon to paper towel to drain then crumble.
- While the bacon is cooking get the pasta cooking.
Cook to desired doneness .. we like it a little softer than al dente.
- Remove all but about 1 Tbsp of drippings from the pot you cooked the bacon in.
Add the garlic and warm over a simmer.
- Do not drain the pasta when it is done. You will need some of that pasta water in a few minutes.
When the pasta is done, begin adding it to the pot with the garlic.
Stir as you add it to coat it with the garlic flavored pan drippings.
Add the wine and stir to blend.
At this point you will add in any extras you would like such as the peas, the cubed ham or the cooked shrimp.
- Turn off the heat and dump the egg and parm mixture over the noodles.
Very quickly begin stirring so all of the pasta gets coated.
It is important to stir quickly so the mixture does not begin to scramble.
- At this point you can begin adding some of the pasta water in very small amounts until you achieve the desired sauciness.
- Serve immediately in shallow bowls.
Salt and pepper to taste then garnish with the snipped chives and extra parm if desired.