Mason Jar Mac
- 1 lb
- dry pasta
- 1 qt
- chicken broth
- 1-2 c
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- dehydrated onion and chive seasoning blend
- 16 oz
- velveeta, cut in cubes
- 4 oz
- cream cheese
- 8 oz
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz
- fontina cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1 Tbsp
- cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 c
- bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
How to Make Mason Jar Mac
- 1Put uncooked pasta in pot, poor broth over pasta, add just enough of the water so that the liquid just covers the past.
- 2Bring pasta and broth to a boil over medium high heat and cook till just al dente, I cook the pasta about one to two minutes less than the instructions on the package. turn down heat a little. DO NOT drain liquid from past, there should be just a little bit left and this will be part of the sauce.
- 3Add onion and chive sesoning and let sit for a minute to rehydrate, then add cheeses stirring gently till it is all smooth and melted.
- 4add cajun seasoning and gently stir, you may want to do this a little at a time to see how much you like in it. When cooking for only adults I usually add more.
- 5You can dish it up right out of the pot the way it is or you can put in little mason jars, ramekins or one big oven safe dish.
- 6melt butter and mix into bread crumbs, use to top mac-n-cheese.
- 7Put dish/dishes in the oven for 15-20 minutes, untill top is browned and cheese is bubbly. When using a bunch of small dishes I like to put them in the oven on a jellyroll pan.
- 8remove from oven and enjoy!
- 9when using mason jars, when there is leftover and they have cooled down I just screw on the tops and stick in the freezer for a quick snack/meal side.