Mason Jar Mac
1 lbdry pasta
1 qtchicken broth
1 1/2 Tbspdehydrated onion and chive seasoning blend
16 ozvelveeta, cut in cubes
4 ozcream cheese
8 ozsharp cheddar cheese, shredded
4 ozfontina cheese, cubed or shredded
1 Tbspcajun seasoning
1 1/2 cbread crumbs
1/4 cbutter, melted
How to Make Mason Jar Mac
- Put uncooked pasta in pot, poor broth over pasta, add just enough of the water so that the liquid just covers the past.
- Bring pasta and broth to a boil over medium high heat and cook till just al dente, I cook the pasta about one to two minutes less than the instructions on the package. turn down heat a little. DO NOT drain liquid from past, there should be just a little bit left and this will be part of the sauce.
- Add onion and chive sesoning and let sit for a minute to rehydrate, then add cheeses stirring gently till it is all smooth and melted.
- add cajun seasoning and gently stir, you may want to do this a little at a time to see how much you like in it. When cooking for only adults I usually add more.
- You can dish it up right out of the pot the way it is or you can put in little mason jars, ramekins or one big oven safe dish.
- melt butter and mix into bread crumbs, use to top mac-n-cheese.
- Put dish/dishes in the oven for 15-20 minutes, untill top is browned and cheese is bubbly. When using a bunch of small dishes I like to put them in the oven on a jellyroll pan.
- remove from oven and enjoy!
- when using mason jars, when there is leftover and they have cooled down I just screw on the tops and stick in the freezer for a quick snack/meal side.