Easy Creamy Mac and Cheese
- 8 oz
- elbow macaroni, cooked
- 4 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- 1/8 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- 1 1/2 c
- light cream or half-and-half
- 1 tsp
- dijon mustard or favorite gourmet mustard to add a touch of interest
- 3 c
- shredded cheese, half cheddar and half american, divided
- 1 c
- croissant crumbs toasted with 2 tbls melted butter
How to Make Easy Creamy Mac and Cheese
- 1Grease a 2 quart baking dish. heat oven to 350*
- 2Cook the macaroni according to package; drain in a colander and rinse with hot water.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tbls of butter over medium heat until foamy; stir in the flour until bubbly. Add the milk and cream, along with the salt, pepper, and mustard. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in 2 cups of the cheese until melted. Easier to just add the macaroni to the greased baking dish then pour the sauce and blend well. Top with the remaining cheese and the buttered croissant crumbs.
- 4Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, until bubbly and nicely browned.