Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic Herbs and Parmesan
- 8 oz
- angel hair pasta
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, oregano
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh parsley
- 3 clove
- of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp
- chili pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- of freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Angel Hair Pasta with Garlic Herbs and Parmesan
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water). While the water is heating in step 1, heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- 2Add the sliced garlic, chili pepper flakes, finely chopped herbs, and chopped parsley to the oil.
- 3Cook for one minute or until the parsley has wilted and the garlic is emitting a strong fragrance. Remove from heat. The angel hair past will cook in about 2 minutes once it starts, so get everything ready. Once the water is at a rolling boil, add the pasta.
- 4Cook at a rolling boil until al dente. Drain the pasta and rinse briefly with cold water, just enough to stop the cooking, but not so much as to make the pasta cold. The pasta should still be quite warm.
- 5Place pasta in a large bowl. Pour her-bed garlic sauce over the pasta and gently toss to combine.Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper over the pasta and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately as a side dish. Reheats well if you make ahead.