3 lbonion, chopped
3/4 lbbacon, diced
1/2 tsponion powder
1/4 tspgarlic powder
1/2 -1 tsplawry's seasoned salt (more or less to your taste)
5 largeeggs, separated
12 ozsour cream
1 - 2 Tbspbutter (more or less to your taste)
3/4 cshredded cheese of choice (optional)
·pepper to taste
How to Make Onion Pie
- Saute onions and bacon pieces. Drain. Add seasoning.
- Beat egg whites until it forms stiff peaks.
- Beat egg yolks and stir into sour cream. Add to onion mixture, stirring well.
- Fold egg whites into onion mixture, but do not over stir.
- Pour mixture in pie shell. Dot with dabs of butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or more depending on your oven or until golden brown and eggs test done when tested with knife.
- If desired, you may add shredded cheese of your choice (pepper jack is good) to top of baked pie and return it to oven until cheese is melted.