- 3 lb
- onion, chopped
- 3/4 lb
- bacon, diced
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 -1 tsp
- lawry's seasoned salt (more or less to your taste)
- 5 large
- eggs, separated
- 12 oz
- sour cream
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- butter (more or less to your taste)
- unbaked 9
- 3/4 c
- shredded cheese of choice (optional)
- pepper to taste
How to Make Onion Pie
- 1Saute onions and bacon pieces. Drain. Add seasoning.
- 2Beat egg whites until it forms stiff peaks.
- 3Beat egg yolks and stir into sour cream. Add to onion mixture, stirring well.
- 4Fold egg whites into onion mixture, but do not over stir.
- 5Pour mixture in pie shell. Dot with dabs of butter.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or more depending on your oven or until golden brown and eggs test done when tested with knife.
- 7If desired, you may add shredded cheese of your choice (pepper jack is good) to top of baked pie and return it to oven until cheese is melted.