☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
500 gground meat (beef or pork)
5 mediumdry chipotle chile
How to Make Chipotle meatballs
- Fry the dried chipotles in a cooking pot with oil, they will start to get darker and bloat. Set aside and reserve the oil in the pot.
Mix the ground meat with the egg and salt (just that!). Make the meatballs about medium size and set aside.
- Place potatoes in medium pot and cover with cold water and 1/2 tablespoon salt, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until just tender. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Drain well and pat dry, then halve. Set aside.
- Roast tomatoes in a pan without any oil, when start to get black spots, peel off the skin. You can also use raw tomatoes with skin (You can try both ways and taste what you prefer)
- Put the fried chipotles, tomatoes, garlic cloves and salt in a blender, with a bit of water just to make it easier to mix. Add this sauce to the cooking pot with the oil reserved and let it boil.
- When the sauce starts to boil add the meatballs and cook in medium-low heat. If you see it is getting dry, add some water just to let it cook even. When almost cooked, add the cooked potatoes just to let them have the chipotle flavor.
- You can serve as side any classic white rice recipe. The chipotle sauce will do the rest!