Peppered Beef Tenderloin Recipe
Hot Dish Homemaker
- four pound beef tenderloin
- 3 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
How to Make Peppered Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 1First things first, you need to tie up your Beef Tenderloin. This is a technique to ensure the Beef Tenderloin cooks evenly. You don’t want one end to be well done and one to be rare. Tenderloins often have an end that is more tapered. All you do is tuck the tapered smaller end under and then use kitchen string also known as butchers twine, to tie the Tenderloin in about 1 inch intervals.
- 2Generously rub the Beef Tenderloin with Olive Oil
- 3Next rub the Minced Garlic over the entire Tenderloin. Then generously grind Black Pepper onto the Tenderloin making sure to cover all sides.
- 4Wrap the Beef Tenderloin in plastic wrap then refrigerate for 3-4 hours, then remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes.
- 5Refrigerate the Beef Tenderloin for 3-4 hours, then remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes.
- 6Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 7Place the Beef Tenderloin in a shallow baking pan and place in the oven. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees. Check the temperature at the 20 minute mark. All ovens cook differently and trust me, you do not want the Tenderloin to be over cooked! After 20 minutes check the temperature every 5 minutes or so. Total cooking time will be approximately 35-40 minutes.
- 8When the Tenderloins internal temperature reaches 120 degrees, remove it from the oven and loosely cover the Tenderloin with foil. Allow the meat to rest for about 15 minutes. The beef will continue to cook as it rests, this is why you need to remove it from the oven before it is completely done.
- 9Get out a sharp knife and get ready to slice the perfect Beef Tenderloin!