MOTHER'S OVEN BAKED BRISKET (SALLYE)
It is delicious melt-in-your-mouth goodness.
How to Make MOTHER'S OVEN BAKED BRISKET (SALLYE)
- 1Slice garlic and onion and place in large heavy ziplock bag.
Note: If you don't have a large enough bag, use any container that is seal tight.
Add the brisket to the bag.
Pour the beer into the bag and seal.
Place bag in refrigerator overnight, turning over a couple of times to assure all meat is saturated.
- 2When ready to cook, preheat oven to 275º F.
Place 2 large pieces of heavy duty foil criss-crossed in roasting pan.
Remove brisket from marinade and lay gently on foil. Save the marinade, you will use it later.
Brush the brisket on all sides with the oil, rub briskly with dry rub.
Pour the marinade over the seasoned brisket, then wrap tightly with the foil. Save the onions and garlic, you will add them later.
- 3Place the brisket in the roasting pan on the center rack of the preheated oven and cook for 3-4 hours.
Remove the pan from the oven
- 4Carefully peel back the foil add the sliced onion and garlic; spoon the juices over the onions, garlic and brisket.
Wrap foil loosely back over meat, return to oven and cook for 2 more hours slowly basting as needed to keep meat moist. For the last 30 minutes of cooking, unwrap the foil.
- 5Remove from oven and place meat on serving dish and cover to keep warm.
Skim off the fat from the remaining liquid, and pour the liquid into a small saucepan along with the onions and garlic slices. Heat until just boiling to form a sauce.
Pour the sauce over the sliced brisket. Or you can use regular barbecue sauce BARBECUE SAUCE (SALLYE)