Bob's Pigs in Blankets
- 2 lb
- round steak
- 1 lb
- ground black pepper to taste
- onion salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- kitchen bouquet
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced
- 1/4 c
- 2 c
- reserved pan drippings
- round tooth picks
How to Make Bob's Pigs in Blankets
- 1Partially freeze round steak. Trim off fat
- 2Cut up meat into 3/4" to 1" strips about 3 inches long. Pound strips to 1/8" thickness.
- 3Lay out strips on table, springle lightly with pepper and onion salt. Cut bacon in half legnthwise and then about 2 to 3 inches long. Lay a piece of bacon on each strip of round steak. Roll each strip up, end to end fairly tightly and push toothpick through to secure.
- 4Brown pigs in grease over medium high heat. (I use bacon grease)
- 5Dice onion and cook in pot until slightly glassy and add sifted flour. Add water stirring slowly to start gravy.
- 6Then put pigs back in pot. Add water to cover pigs and simmer 2 to 3 hours. Add flour or cornstarch to thicken gravy and kitchen bouquet to darken.