Bob's Pigs in Blankets
2 lbround steak
·ground black pepper to taste
·onion salt to taste
3 Tbspkitchen bouquet
1 mediumonion, sliced
·reserved pan drippings
·round tooth picks
How to Make Bob's Pigs in Blankets
- Partially freeze round steak. Trim off fat
- Cut up meat into 3/4" to 1" strips about 3 inches long. Pound strips to 1/8" thickness.
- Lay out strips on table, springle lightly with pepper and onion salt. Cut bacon in half legnthwise and then about 2 to 3 inches long. Lay a piece of bacon on each strip of round steak. Roll each strip up, end to end fairly tightly and push toothpick through to secure.
- Brown pigs in grease over medium high heat. (I use bacon grease)
- Dice onion and cook in pot until slightly glassy and add sifted flour. Add water stirring slowly to start gravy.
- Then put pigs back in pot. Add water to cover pigs and simmer 2 to 3 hours. Add flour or cornstarch to thicken gravy and kitchen bouquet to darken.