Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp
- butter, unsalted
- 2 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 10 oz
- frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 lb
- ricotta cheese
- 1 large
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- oregano, fresh, chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg
- halves of chicken breasts, boned and split with skin on
- fresh herb sprigs and cherry tomatoes for garnish
How to Make Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1Saute the onion butter and olive oil until soft. Combine with remaining ingredients except chicken. Season highly.
- 2Place each breast skin side up on a board and trim away fat. Loosen skin from one side of the breast and stuff approximately 1/3 cup filling under the skin. Tuck the skin and meat under the breast, forming an even, round, dome shape. Place in a buttered dish.
- 3Fifteen minutes before baking, preheat oven to 350-degrees. Bake breasts until golden brown about 30-35 minutes. Don't overcook or chicken will be dry.
- 4Cool slightly before serving, and cool to room temperature if you are going to slice into smaller serving pieces. Arrange on platter and garnish with fresh herbs and cherry tomatoes.