Mild Chicken Tikki Marsala
I served mine over Quinoa that I cooked in my rice maker. It turned out great.
1 Tbspduck fat (optional)
1 Tbspcoconut oil
2 sliceturkey bacon
5 mediumbutton mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbspfresh rosemary, chopped fine
2green onions, sliced
1 mediumzucchini, cut into cubes
3 mediumyukon gold potatoes, cut in large pieces
1 can(s)14.5 oz. fire roasted tomatoes, diced
1 pkgtastie bite tikki marsala mix
1 cwhite wine
2-3 cchicken stock
2 Tbspcoconut cream
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mild Chicken Tikki Marsala
- I cooked mine in a large cast iron dutch oven, but any good sized pot will do.
- Heat the duck fat and coconut oil on medium heat in the pot. If you don't have either of these use olive oil or other oil in its place.
- Slice up the bacon, mushrooms, rosemary, onions and zucchini and saute them until just cooked.
- Remove them from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside in a dish. Leave as much of the oil behind as you can, if you need a bit more, add it.
- Fry the chicken in the remaining oil. Make sure you brown both sides of the chicken legs. Then put them on paper towels to drain.
- With the reserved oil in the pot saute the potatoes for a few minutes to soften them a little. Put the canned tomatoes into a dish and add the Tikki Marsala mix and give it a good stir. Add it to the pot. Add in the wine, chicken stock and coconut cream and mix again. Taste for seasonings.
- Add the drained chicken legs back into the pot and push them down into the mixture.
- Cook covered on medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Enjoy over rice or your favourite grain.