Mild Chicken Tikki Marsala
I served mine over Quinoa that I cooked in my rice maker. It turned out great.
- 1 Tbsp
- duck fat (optional)
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 2 slice
- turkey bacon
- 5 medium
- button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- green onions, sliced
- 1 medium
- zucchini, cut into cubes
- chicken legs
- 3 medium
- yukon gold potatoes, cut in large pieces
- 1 can(s)
- 14.5 oz. fire roasted tomatoes, diced
- 1 pkg
- tastie bite tikki marsala mix
- 1 c
- white wine
- 2-3 c
- chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut cream
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mild Chicken Tikki Marsala
- 1I cooked mine in a large cast iron dutch oven, but any good sized pot will do.
- 2Heat the duck fat and coconut oil on medium heat in the pot. If you don't have either of these use olive oil or other oil in its place.
- 3Slice up the bacon, mushrooms, rosemary, onions and zucchini and saute them until just cooked.
- 4Remove them from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside in a dish. Leave as much of the oil behind as you can, if you need a bit more, add it.
- 5Fry the chicken in the remaining oil. Make sure you brown both sides of the chicken legs. Then put them on paper towels to drain.
- 6With the reserved oil in the pot saute the potatoes for a few minutes to soften them a little. Put the canned tomatoes into a dish and add the Tikki Marsala mix and give it a good stir. Add it to the pot. Add in the wine, chicken stock and coconut cream and mix again. Taste for seasonings.
- 7Add the drained chicken legs back into the pot and push them down into the mixture.
- 8Cook covered on medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 9Enjoy over rice or your favourite grain.