1 sliceof a large onion, chopped
2 tspprepared minced garlic
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
4baby carrots, or 1 whole carrot, grated
1 1/2 ccooked leftover rice
1/4-1/2 cfrozen peas, thawed
1 tspwhite pepper and seasoning salt
4 Tbspsoy sauce
How to Make Fried Rice
- on medium high heat, put olive oil, garlic,onion and carrots.
- cook 5 minutes, with heat down to medium to medium low.
- add butter and rice, spread out and stir often. turn heat up to med high for a minute, to "fry" the rice, then lower it back down to medium low.
- add the peas and the spices to the mixture, stirring.
- add the soy sauce. stirring.
- if skillet is large enough, move mixture to one side to scramble the egg on the empty side. cook egg until done,chop it into small pieces and then stir into the rice.
- "NOTE" you may cook the egg in a different skillet and then add it in. cooking it seperately keeps it from "coating" the rice granules.
- you do not have to add the peas, but the sweetness is great with the salty soy taste.