- 1 slice
- of a large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp
- prepared minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- baby carrots, or 1 whole carrot, grated
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- cooked leftover rice
- 1/4-1/2 c
- frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tsp
- white pepper and seasoning salt
- 4 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- egg, beaten
How to Make Fried Rice
- 1on medium high heat, put olive oil, garlic,onion and carrots.
- 2cook 5 minutes, with heat down to medium to medium low.
- 3add butter and rice, spread out and stir often. turn heat up to med high for a minute, to "fry" the rice, then lower it back down to medium low.
- 4add the peas and the spices to the mixture, stirring.
- 5add the soy sauce. stirring.
- 6if skillet is large enough, move mixture to one side to scramble the egg on the empty side. cook egg until done,chop it into small pieces and then stir into the rice.
- 7"NOTE" you may cook the egg in a different skillet and then add it in. cooking it seperately keeps it from "coating" the rice granules.
- 8you do not have to add the peas, but the sweetness is great with the salty soy taste.