Chicken Provolone Sandwich
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- beaten eggs
- 1 c
- panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 tsp
- dried basil
- 2 c
- barilla marinara sauce (i like the traditional)
- slices provolone
- ciabatta rolls, lightly toasted (or bread of your choice)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- oil for pan frying
How to Make Chicken Provolone Sandwich
- 1I pounded down the chicken as I like a thinner chicken for sandwiches, but not real thin. That is optional though.
Salt and pepper the chicken.
- 2Mix Panko crumbs, oregano and basil in one bowl and eggs in another bowl. (Make sure bowls are big enough for the chicken pieces.
Heat approx 1/4 cup oil over medium high heat in a large pan.
- 3Dip each chicken breast in the egg, drip off excess. Then dredge the pieces in the panko and fry until golden brown on both sides. Do not over crowd. Apply 3 slices of provolone cheese on each chicken and cover pan a few minutes to melt the cheese. Drain on paper towels.
Toast bread under broiler in oven. I brushed a little olive oil over the insides of the bread.
- 4Heat the marinara sauce in microwave until hot. Spread some marinara sauce on the bottom of the bread, set the chicken on top of marinara, top with other slice and enjoy!