Chicken Normandy Casserole make ahead
2 1/2 cchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
216 ounce bags of stuffing
4 cchicken broth (reserved from when you cook the chicken)
FOR THE MIDDLE LAYER
1/2 cchopped celery
1/2 cmayonnaise (no substitute)
1/2 cchopped onion
1 can(s)drained,chopped water chestnuts
1 jar(s)chopped pimiento (optional)
ADD ON THE TOP
1 1/2 cmilk
ADD AFTER BAKING FOR 40 MINUTES
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Chicken Normandy Casserole make ahead
- Cook the chicken in water until done. Save the water you cooked the chicken in for the stuffing. Cool off the chicken and cut into chunks. Put aside.
- With the reserved water you cooked the chicken in, mix your first bag of stuffing with 2 cups of the hot chicken water and 3 tablespoons of butter. Mix well and let it rest a bit to soak up all the water.
Put this in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- For the filling: mix together the celery,mayo,onion, water chestnuts and pimiento.
- Place all the chunked chicken bits on your first layer of stuffing.
- Place the mayo filling on top of the chicken layer.
- Mix your second bag of stuffing with 2 cups of the warm water from the cooked chicken and 3 Tablespoons of butter. Mix well and let rest unil the liquid is absorbed.
Place the stuffing on top of the mayo layer.
- Mix your 2 eggs with the 1 1/2 cups of milk.
Pour this all over the top of the casserole.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator at least 3 hours or preferably over night.
- When ready to serve, take the casserole out one hour before baking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake casserole uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Take out casserole and top with grated cheddar cheese.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Serve and enjoy!