Chicken Normandy Casserole make ahead
- 2 1/2 c
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 16 ounce bags of stuffing
- 6 Tbsp
- 4 c
- chicken broth (reserved from when you cook the chicken)
- 1/2 c
- chopped celery
- 1/2 c
- mayonnaise (no substitute)
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1 can(s)
- drained,chopped water chestnuts
- 1 jar(s)
- chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
FOR THE MIDDLE LAYER
ADD ON THE TOP
ADD AFTER BAKING FOR 40 MINUTES
How to Make Chicken Normandy Casserole make ahead
- 1Cook the chicken in water until done. Save the water you cooked the chicken in for the stuffing. Cool off the chicken and cut into chunks. Put aside.
- 2With the reserved water you cooked the chicken in, mix your first bag of stuffing with 2 cups of the hot chicken water and 3 tablespoons of butter. Mix well and let it rest a bit to soak up all the water.
Put this in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 3For the filling: mix together the celery,mayo,onion, water chestnuts and pimiento.
- 4Place all the chunked chicken bits on your first layer of stuffing.
- 5Place the mayo filling on top of the chicken layer.
- 6Mix your second bag of stuffing with 2 cups of the warm water from the cooked chicken and 3 Tablespoons of butter. Mix well and let rest unil the liquid is absorbed.
Place the stuffing on top of the mayo layer.
- 7Mix your 2 eggs with the 1 1/2 cups of milk.
Pour this all over the top of the casserole.
- 8Cover and let sit in the refrigerator at least 3 hours or preferably over night.
- 9When ready to serve, take the casserole out one hour before baking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake casserole uncovered for 40 minutes.
- 10Take out casserole and top with grated cheddar cheese.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- 11Serve and enjoy!