Cheesy Sgettie Casserole
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 pkg
- spaghetti noodles
- 1 can(s)
- rotel original
- 1/2 pkg
- velveeta cheese (or an entire package if you get the small one)
- 3/4 c
- garlic and herb bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp
How to Make Cheesy Sgettie Casserole
- 1Fill a medium pot with water and put it on the stove, add the chicken breasts and bring to a boil. If they are frozen they will take about 40 minutes on a low boil to be cooked to fall apart shreddable status. If they are defrosted it takes 20 minutes tops.
- 2While the chicken is cooking fill another pot full of water and bring to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook a minute less than the directions call for. Don't forget to salt your pasta water! Strain pasta and set aside.
- 3Preheat your oven to 360.
- 4Once the chicken is cooked through put it onto your cutting board and shred or chop up into little pieces. Places them back into the same pot on a low heat.
- 5Now with the can of Rotel you can either blend the contents in a blender so that is a smooth consistency before adding it to the chicken, or if you don't mind the chunks of tomato you can leave it hole and just dump it in with the chicken.
- 6Cut your Velveeta up into cubes for easier melting and add them into the same pot with the Rotel and the chicken. Continue to stir until it is blended together smooth. Add the sauce to the pasta and mix together.
- 7in a small bowl melt the butter. Add the bread crumbs and mix together
- 8Transfer the pasta mixture into a baking pan and top with the bread crumbs. Pop it into the preheated oven until the top is golden brown. Serve and enjoy the gooey comfort goodness :)