Cheesy Sgettie Casserole
2boneless skinless chicken breast
1 pkgspaghetti noodles
1 can(s)rotel original
1/2 pkgvelveeta cheese (or an entire package if you get the small one)
3/4 cgarlic and herb bread crumbs
How to Make Cheesy Sgettie Casserole
- Fill a medium pot with water and put it on the stove, add the chicken breasts and bring to a boil. If they are frozen they will take about 40 minutes on a low boil to be cooked to fall apart shreddable status. If they are defrosted it takes 20 minutes tops.
- While the chicken is cooking fill another pot full of water and bring to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook a minute less than the directions call for. Don't forget to salt your pasta water! Strain pasta and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 360.
- Once the chicken is cooked through put it onto your cutting board and shred or chop up into little pieces. Places them back into the same pot on a low heat.
- Now with the can of Rotel you can either blend the contents in a blender so that is a smooth consistency before adding it to the chicken, or if you don't mind the chunks of tomato you can leave it hole and just dump it in with the chicken.
- Cut your Velveeta up into cubes for easier melting and add them into the same pot with the Rotel and the chicken. Continue to stir until it is blended together smooth. Add the sauce to the pasta and mix together.
- in a small bowl melt the butter. Add the bread crumbs and mix together
- Transfer the pasta mixture into a baking pan and top with the bread crumbs. Pop it into the preheated oven until the top is golden brown. Serve and enjoy the gooey comfort goodness :)