Asiago Chicken & Mushroom Skillet
I love a good stir fry and my fiance loves mushrooms and cheese so I actually tried this one, it was great! I made a few changes to adjust to our particular tastes, but I definitely want to keep this.
Pic from recipe
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 c
- onion, chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- portobello mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 1/4 c
- chicken stock
- 1 tsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c
- sun dried tomatoes, chopped fine
- 2 c
- chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 c
- uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh basil
- 1 c
- shredded mozzarella
- plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c
- frozen spinach, thawed
- 6 oz
- asiago cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
How to Make Asiago Chicken & Mushroom Skillet
- 1Set orzo pasta to cook with a dash of salt.
In a large skillet (I used my 12 inch cast iron) heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic and cook about 2-3 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- 2In a small bowl, combine chicken stock, vinegar, and sun dried tomatoes.
Slowly stir into the skillet.
When orzo is cooked, drain rinse slightly then add to the skillet with the chopped cooked chicken.
- 3Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5-7 minutes. Excess liquid will start to thicken.
Stir in basil, spinach, salt & pepper mozzarella and plum tomatoes and simmer 2-4 more minutes.
Serve sprinkled with asiago cheese and red pepper flakes and a side of crusty bread rolls.