Lone Star Chicken-Fried Steak
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From Best of the Best From Texas.
1 1/2 lbround steak, tenderized (i like to use cube steaks)
·pepper, to taste
2eggs, slightly beaten
·oil, for frying
6 Tbspbacon grease or pan drippings
3 chot milk
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Lone Star Chicken-Fried Steak
- Trim steak and cut into 5 pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge all steak pieces in flour mixture until lightly coated.
- Combine eggs and milk.
- Dip steak into egg mixture and dredge again in flour.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a heavy skillet.
- Place steaks in skillet and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- To make gravy, remove steaks to warm oven, retaining 6 tablespoons of drippings (or use bacon drippings).
- Add flour.
- Cook and stir until flour begins to brown.
- Add hot milk and stir until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and pour over warm steaks.