Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
1/3 cuncooked white rice
1 lblean ground beef
1/4 cchopped onion
1egg, slightly beaten
1/4 tspground black pepper
1 can(s)(10.75 ounce) condensed tomato soup
How to Make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until softened; drain.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, 1 cup cooked rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide the beef mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
- Note: 2 ways to cook
1.) In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring and basting with the liquid often.
2.) Place rolls side-by-side in a baking dish. Pour remaining tomato soup over rolls. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Optional: Wrap each roll with a strip of bacon or place bacon strips over the rolls, when placed in baking dish, topping with remaining tomato soup.