Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1/3 c
- uncooked white rice
- 2/3 c
- cabbage leaves
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 can(s)
- (10.75 ounce) condensed tomato soup
- 8 slice
How to Make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2Bring a large, wide saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add cabbage leaves and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until softened; drain.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, 1 cup cooked rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper, along with 2 tablespoons of tomato soup. Mix thoroughly.
- 4Divide the beef mixture evenly among the cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them with toothpicks or string.
- 5Note: 2 ways to cook
1.) In a large skillet over medium heat, place the cabbage rolls and pour the remaining tomato soup over the top. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring and basting with the liquid often.
2.) Place rolls side-by-side in a baking dish. Pour remaining tomato soup over rolls. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- 6Optional: Wrap each roll with a strip of bacon or place bacon strips over the rolls, when placed in baking dish, topping with remaining tomato soup.