Slow-Roasted Melting Pot Roast
I serve with steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes.
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 lb
- boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed and patted dry
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large
- yellow onion, peeled, halved and cut into thin slices
- 3 clove
- garlic, large cloves, peeled
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
How to Make Slow-Roasted Melting Pot Roast
- 1heat the oven to 350° F.
- 2In a 5-6 quart Dutch oven add the oil and heat over medium heat. Sear the meat on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Add the onions, garlic cloves, and water. Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- 4hours. Remove the roast and add the cream to the onions and pan juices, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the sliced roast.