Low Carb Green Bean Lasagna Casserole
- 3 can(s)
- french cut green beans
- 3 lb
- lean ground beef, pork, chicken or turkey
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 jar(s)
- 26 oounce jar of low carb spaghetti sauce (your favorite)
- 3 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Low Carb Green Bean Lasagna Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 375
- 2Place green beans into a colander, set aside to drain.
- 3Spray skillet with non stick spray, saute chopped onion until translucent (about 5 minutes) And hamburger and cook until browned.
- 4Stir in spaghetti sauce, simmer five minutes, uncovered.
- 5While meat is simmering, take paper towels and press the excess water out of the green beans. Get the green beans as dry as possible. (Divide into 3 portions)
- 6Spray an 11x13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- 7Layer 1/3 of the green beans into the casserole dish.
Layer 1/3 of the meat sauce.
Layer 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.
- 8Repeat layers two more times, finishing off with the mozzarella cheese.
- 9Top with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake 30 minutes until lightly brown and bubbly.
- 11Remove from oven and let rest for five minutes before serving.
- 12OPTIONS: You can use taco meat filling instead of spaghetti sauce mixture and cheddar instead of the mozzarella for an enchilada casserole.
You can use diced or shredded chicken and Alfredo sauce instead of the spaghetti sauce. (using Alfredo sauce will usually lower the carbs considerably)