Herb -Tomato Grilled Chicken (microwave version)
Rev BJ Friley
Always place the chicken with the meaty-side towards the edges of the rack or pan.
Standing time might be necessary to complete the cooking.
If you like a more crispy outside, finish cooking under the broiler.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1chicken, 3 to 3 1/2 lbs., cut up
1 dash(es)black pepper
3 Tbspfresh chopped basil or 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
2 Tbspoil or melted butter
3/4 ctomato ketchup or chili sauce
2 Tbsplemon juice
2 clovegarlic, minced or pressed
How to Make Herb -Tomato Grilled Chicken (microwave version)
- Trim off excess fat from chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and basil leaves.
- Combine ingredients for basting sauce.
- Microwave chicken at HIGH power for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Microwave chicken at HIGH power for 10 to 12 minutes, turning pieces over after 6 minutes and basting again with sauce on both sides.
- Check for doneness. Juices should run clear when pierced with a fork.