- 1 1/4 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup cup parsley/minced/plus 4 tbsp.
- 2 tblsp. scallions/minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbls.flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups onions/sliced
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 clove garlic/minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato pase
- 2 cups beef stock or broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- parmesan cheese
How to Make FRENCH ONION SALISBURY STEAK
- 1combine the ground beef,parsley,scallions,and a dash of salt and pepper/divide evenly into 4 portions and shape into 1 inch thick oval shaped patties.
- 2Place 2 tbsp. of flour into a shallow dish,dredge each patty into flour.
- 3RESERVE 1 tbsp. of flour.
- 4Heat 1 tbsp. oil in saute pan,over medium-high heat,add patties and brown for 3 miutes on each side.
remove from pan.
- 5Add onions and sugar and saute' for about 5 minutes
- 6Stir in garlic and tomato paste,saute' 1 minute.
- 7sprinkle the flour on top,stir,cook,1 minute.
- 8Stir in broth and wine,add dash of salt and pepper.Add thyme.
return the meat patties to the pan and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat,cover,cook 10 minutes.
- 9Serve these steaks on top of a good crusty bread,sliced in shallow bowls.
Ladle soup all around each.
- 10GARNISH:with 4 tbsp. parsley and good Parmesan cheese.(FRESH GRATED IS BEST)
- 11YUM!Eat with a knife and fork.