Chili Cheese Boats
1 lbground beef
1onions, yellow, medium, chopped
1 can(s)tomato paste
2 tspchili powder
1/2 tspground cumin
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 can(s)ro-tel tomatoes (mild or hot) depends on your taste
1 pkgpepper jack shredded cheese
6submarine sandwich rolls (8" long)
·corn chips, optional
1 bottlev-8 spicy juice
How to Make Chili Cheese Boats
- In a skillet brown beef with onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain fat. Stir in V-8 spicy juice, tomato paste,chili powder, cumin, pepper, and ro-tel tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Until thickened.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of buns, length-wise. Hollow out buns, leaving a 1/4" shell.
- Spoon 1/2 c. meat mixture into each bun. Place on a cookie sheet. Top with Pepper Jack cheese (or cheese of your choice) Broil in oven until cheese is bubbly. It doesn't take long.
- Serve on a plate with corn chips.