Bone-In Rib-Eye With Wasabi Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared wasabi
- 1/2 cup garlic-soy sauce marinade (recipe follows)
- 2 rib-eye steaks, each about 1 pound and about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 8 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
GARLIC-SOY SAUCE MARINADE
How to Make Bone-In Rib-Eye With Wasabi Sour Cream
- 1To make the wasabi sauce, mix the sour cream and wasabi in a bowl; set aside.
- 2For the Garlic-Soy Sauce Marinade: Whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, olive oil and black pepper in a small bowl. This marinade can keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Just mix again before using it.
- 3Pour the marinade into a baking dish. Lay the steaks in the marinade, and flip them 4 times to generously coat all over. Marinate the steaks for 10 minutes.
- 4Preheat a grill with a hot zone and a medium zone. Grill the steaks, covered, about 8 minutes for medium-rare this way: Start on hot heat for 1 minute, then shift the steaks to medium heat. After about 3 minutes, juices will begin to appear on top of the steaks. Turn and repeat the two-zone grilling on the other side. When the steaks are ready, they'll be browned and juicy on the surface, and the bone will stick out a bit, as the meat around it has shrunk. Let the steaks rest for about 3 minutes before serving with the wasabi sauce.