Asian Mexican Fusion Burrito
I didn't get a pic with the tortilla b/c we had eaten them all. This pic is of the next day "leftovers" that I like to just have without the tortilla. The leftovers are great when you mix the beef, beans and cheese, warm that up together, and top it with the sauce, lettuce and tomato.
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- packet fajita seasoning
- red onion
- yellow onion
- yellow bell pepper
- red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- grated fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- 4 oz
- pepperjack cheese
- 4 oz
- colby jack cheese
- chopped lettuce and tomato for topping
- flour tortillas
- 1 can(s)
- black beans
- bw3 asian zing sauce (optional - in lieu of this, you can use a mix of 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce, 2 tbs honey and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes)
How to Make Asian Mexican Fusion Burrito
- 1Spice ground beef with salt and pepper to taste, and half of the fajita seasoning packet. Brown ground beef and drain off almost all the grease; save about 1/4 of it in the pan.
- 2While beef is browning, finely dice up 1/4 of the red onion, and thinly slice all of the yellow onion and bell peppers into fine strips. Add to beef.
- 3Reduce heat, cover and let simmer.
- 4Grate the fresh ginger. Add to beef along with water and the soy sauce. Cover and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring every so often.
- 5Prepare your toppings: grate the cheeses, finely chop the lettuce, tomato and the other 1/4 of the red onion.
- 6Add milk and rest of fajita seasonings to beef. Cover and let simmer for 10 more minutes, stirring every so often.
- 7Pour beans into microwave-safe container. Cover the top with your tortillas and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- 8At this point, you can mix your honey, teriyaki and red pepper flakes (if you don't have access to the Asian Zing sauce).
- 9Assemble burrito with beans, beef, cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato and top with Asian sauce, or leave that sauce to the side.