3 1/2 cwater
2 ozinstant cofee
1vanilla bean or 2 tbs of real vanilla or to taste
1 l100 proof vodka (if you are brave) liter bottle
How to Make Homemade Kahlua
- Bring the water to a boil and add the sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add 2 oz of instant coffee, stir well and let cool.
- When the pan is cool to touch then add the vodka... all of it to the sugar, water, and coffee mixture.
- Split one vanilla bean in half length wise and add to the mixture.
- Bottle the Kahlua up and let it sit for a week. I leave the vanilla bean in the bottle, and it doesn't go bad. You can add some Vanilla Flavored International coffee creamer to it and a splash of vodka and it makes a wonderful white russian.