Dutch's EASY-EASY Bread Pudding
BREAD was never thrown out, it was made into cubes for stuffing, breadcrumbs OR, my absolute favorite, Bread Pudding!
What I have done to Bread Pudding would have my Grandmother looking for a switch and mentioning "One way trips to the woodshed!"
Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa!!! I think the Devil made me! It's either that, or admit to abject laziness!
What follows is another in my EASY-EASY series...LOL
How to Make Dutch's EASY-EASY Bread Pudding
- 1I use a small 2qt. crock pot for this...Mix everything right in the pot. Less dishes. Spray or grease the pot. I use Baker's Joy
- 2Put milk in pot, add Custard Powder and egg yolks, Whisk, whisk, whisk!
- 3Tear up bread or cube it, if you like. Submerge it in the Custard. There should be enough bread so that you don't see too much liquid.
- 4You can mix in things of your choosing if you like. Raisins, Banana slices,diced dry fruits, chopped nuts or any combination of them.
- 5Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top and go take a nap. Turn to Low...Go take a nap! It'll be ready in 3 1/2hrs.
- 6Serve either warm or cold, with anything you like, such as Ice Cream, Cool Whip, Caramel Sundae Topping or as is!
- 7Note: I have seen comments that this Jello Cook&Serve Custard is hard to find in supermarkets. It's available on Amazon. You HAVE to buy a case of 24, but I use it in many things and that case is gone quickly.
- 8My apologies to the purists and of course, My Gran! LOL