10 to 12 sliceday old bread, torn or cut into pieces
1/4 cbutter, melted
3/4 csugar, divided
2 tspvanilla extract
·optional, 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips
How to Make Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place torn bread into a large bowl. Pour the melted butter over bread, toss to cover all the bread.
- Next mix together 1/2 cup of the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir that into the bread to coat all the bread.
- Place bread/sugar mixture into a 9x9 pan. Beat together the eggs, vanilla, milk and remaining sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the bread and let it soak for 15 minutes. If you are adding in the raisins or chocolate chips sprinkle them over the bread before pouring the egg mixture on top.
- Bake on center rack in oven for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. You can serve this hot or cold.