- 10 to 12 slice
- day old bread, torn or cut into pieces
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- sugar, divided
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 c
- optional, 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips
How to Make Bread Pudding
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Place torn bread into a large bowl. Pour the melted butter over bread, toss to cover all the bread.
- 3Next mix together 1/2 cup of the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir that into the bread to coat all the bread.
- 4Place bread/sugar mixture into a 9x9 pan. Beat together the eggs, vanilla, milk and remaining sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- 5Pour over the bread and let it soak for 15 minutes. If you are adding in the raisins or chocolate chips sprinkle them over the bread before pouring the egg mixture on top.
- 6Bake on center rack in oven for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. You can serve this hot or cold.