Sweet Cream Egg Custard
How to Make Sweet Cream Egg Custard
- In a small bowl mix the sugar and flour well, set aside
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs lightly
- Use enough softened butter to butter the 1 qt casserole dish, add remainder to the eggs along with the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Measure the milk and warm just to enough to get the chill off the milk.
- Add the sugar/flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well
- Add the slightly warmed heavy cream to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Carefully pour mixture into the buttered casserole dish and place in the preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 1 hour, check it at about 45 minutes. It will jiggle in the center, but you don't want it loose, it takes about an hour every time i make this.