★★★★★ 3 votes5
·1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
·4 eggs (room temperature)
·1 1/2 cup sugar
·1 stick butter
How to Make Lemon Pie
- Put into a blender the 4 eggs and all the sugar.
- Scrape the peel from the 2 lemons (I use a potato peeler. Be careful to get only the yellow peel, no pith.) Put into blender along with eggs and sugar.
- Then remove the pith from the lemons (discard) and toss the remaining whole lemons including seeds into the blender. (I use a grapefruit spoon to get the lemon sections out but be careful not to get any pith into the blender as it will make your pie very bitter.) Squeeze all juice into blender also. Blend until smooth.
- Cut the stick of butter into small pieces and add to blender. When blended, pour into pie shell and bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Check for taste. Depending on size of lemons and amount of juice, you don't want to overwhelm the lemon.) Truly delicious pie. Thank you, Charles!