Chocolate Cream Mousse Pie
Most of the recipe is from a Hershey's cookbook.
- 9" pie crust cooked and cooled
- envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp
- cold water
- 1/4 c
- boiling water
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- cocoa powder
- 2 c
- cold whipping cream
- 2 tsp
How to Make Chocolate Cream Mousse Pie
- 1Cook pie crust according to instructions (i.e. bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown) and let cool completely.
- 2In small bowl, combine gelatin with cold water. Let stand for about 2 minutes. Add boiling water and stir until the gelatin is fully dissolved and the mixture is clear. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- 3In a large bowl, mix sugar and cocoa. Add whipping cream and vanilla and beat on medium speed until mixture is stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well blended.
- 4Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings. (Recipe for homemade whipped cream linked below.)