Buttermilk Pie Crust
2 call purpose flour
1 tspsea salt
2/3 ccold - butter flavored -vegetable shortening
3 Tbspbutter, cold
2 tspolive oil, light ( baking olive oil)
·sugar in the raw packets
How to Make Buttermilk Pie Crust
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Mix in the Shorting and the butter. You can use a fork, pastry cutter, Or a food processor on pulse. Mix until it forms small peas.
- If you used the processor I would now place the mixture in a bowl and use a fork to mix in the Buttermilk and oil, until the doe is moist and starts to gather together
- form the dough in to a ball and cut it in half. reform in too 2 balls. Wrap them in saran wrap and place the in the refrigerator. ( I left mine in over night.)
- roll one ball at a time between 2 pieces of parchment paper. If you have trouble getting it off. Just pop it in the freezer for a few minutes.
- If you bake the bottom crust. Poke it with a fork and cook it at 475 for about 10 min. or until it is to your liking.
- Fill it with your filling. After you have the top on your pie and have cut your slits. Brush some buttermilk on the top and edges.