"Tiramisu Dessert" Improvised!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This is a wonderful recipe to prepare in advance and then assemble when your guests are ready for a little sweetness. Yum!!! The Test Kitchen
- refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- heavy cream, cold
- vanilla instant pudding
- instant coffee granules
- 2 cups of strong coffee/i use espresso
- cocoa, unsweetened
- whole milk
IMPROVISED/QUICK & EASY TIRAMISU DESSERT!
How to Make "Tiramisu Dessert" Improvised!
- 1First, no quantity amounts here because I cook for 70 if you need to serve this for a quantity. If you need help with configuration? I will be glad to help with a comment, I do respond to all and can take this recipe and make for 4/8/12/18/24 etc. I do this in my head and I don't mind helping!
- 2I use the sugar cookie dough at work and make the sugar cookies (without sugar sprinkes) and bake them just on the verge of not brown but chewy! Let them cool completely while you prepare:
- 3Vanilla pudding with 1/2 the quantity of milk on package. I use whole for a richer flavor but at home would use lower fat milk due to heavy whip cream!
- 4Add desired amount of heavy whip cream to pudding and whip until thick and "ice cream scoop" consistency. Fold in instant coffee granules and small amount of unsweetened cocoa. Chill until ready to serve.
- 5I serve on dessert plates or bowls so I do not make a parfait or large layered dessert as it is easier for me to prepare as I would serve. I take 1 sugar cookie and dip in the "cooled" prepared espresso coffee. I lay 1 entire cookie dipped on the bottom of the bowl. I then take a 2/3 cup scoop of the chilled "Tiramisu" Fluff and place directly on top of the dipped sugar cookie.
To finish I cut one additional sugar cookie in 1/2 and dip 1/2 way in the espresso coffee and place them on the sides of the fluff. I sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa and keep chilled until serving!
I have to make enough dessert for anywhere from 50-70 daily and this dessert was a hit! I work on a budget and have to keep food cost down without sacrificing taste. The sugar cookie dough takes time off of making cookies homemade. Lady Fingers for 70 are not cheap! Enjoy!